Brief Details of Position
- Responsible for commercial advice regarding contractual terms at tender through to contract and post contact stage.
- Preparation of all applications for payment, variations of contract, control of all materials, labour and subcontractor costs on all projects.
- Liaising with bought ledger department to ensure correct cost allocation.
- Managing and supervision of computerised purchase system.
- To produce monthly applications and monthly reports together with commercial review sheets
- Assessing, pricing and agreeing variations
- Preparing, issuing and agreeing final accounts
- Preparing and quoting small works
- Control/forecast of P&L
- Input during tender submission process
- Assisting with project purchasing
- Setting up and tracking special deals (Rebates etc.)
- Issuing and tracking purchase orders
- Setting up and tracking project spend
- Checking, recording and signing off invoices
- Checking, recording and signing off sub contract applications
- Chasing account payments, retentions etc
- Good knowledge of JCT and NEC3 contracts.
- Overseeing computerised purchasing system
- Checking nonstandard T&C’s and identifying any risk.
Other duties relevant to the post will also apply.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To be discussed at interview.