Static Semi-Skilled Engineer
Brief Details of Position
A vacancy has arisen for a practical individual to work as Semi-Skilled Engineer based a shopping Centre in Northampton. The post-holder will also need to be self-motivating. They will be responsible for carrying out reactive and planned works within the shopping Centre, and will also be required to liaise and coordinate works with our helpdesk. A good general understanding of Electrical, Mechanical or Building Fabric Services will be essential in carrying out expected duties, being well presented at all times and competent to provide advice when required to do so. The role would ideally suit an individual with existing experience within the FM industry looking to be invested in and take the next steps into becoming a qualified engineer.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance & reactive maintenance repairs.
- Knowledge of plumbing would be an advantage
- To assess and order parts and equipment necessary for individual tasks.
- To work to recognised industry standards at all times.
- To participate in flexible working hours and out-of-hours emergency cover as required by the contract.
- To undertake training as required to perform the duties of the role, including health and safety courses and further trade development, to maintain current knowledge and professional qualifications (Continued Professional Development).
- Suitable candidate will be invested in to carry out legionella control activities, Emergency lighting testing and any other required training to develop individual.
- To assist other trades as/when required.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by Managers within the remit of the role.
To be discussed at interview.