Service Engineer (Shift)
Brief Details of Position
- This temp role requires a practical individual to provide technical support in the application of maintenance services including reactive and planned preventative maintenance which are measured against the Service Level Agreement (SLA). All duties will include client liaison to provide an effective and efficient maintenance service.
- To work as part of a team to promote a good team working ethic
- To provide technical service and support by carrying out repairs and routine maintenance to building services and fabrics
- To monitor and maintain the BMS by interrogation and acknowledgement or alarms
- To ensure that all Health and Safety is compliant
- To ensure that all Energy and Environmental policies are compliant
- To be able to identify and implement energy efficient maintenance practices
- To be able to complete risk assessments
- To maintain AP or CP status in relevant Mechanical, Electrical , Confined Space or Water disciplines
- To identify and report fault trends and causes
- To identify and report continuous improvements and innovative solutions
- To support the M&E supervisor in the control of Minor Works and Sub Contractors
- To be able to prepare specifications, estimates and quotes for additional works
- To carry out repairs and routine maintenance to building services and fabric works within the agreed SLA’s
- To support in the operation of Fire Alarm testing and isolation of systems
- To ensure COSHH control.
- To maintain accurate maintenance records and plant history
- To development a customer service culture by customer liaison
- Exemplary communication skills with the ability to plan and organise.
- Be reliable and flexible with a ‘can do’ attitude
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Qualifications and Experience
- All electrically competent individuals will be certified as Authorised Person low voltage as minimum
- A thorough understanding of the current Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Both City & Guilds 236 Part 1&2 and City & Guilds 17th Edition 2391 qualified or alternatively NVQ level 3 in heating and ventilation qualified, should have experience of working on Electrical or Mechanical equipment within a Building Services environment, this includes:
- Chilling/Air Conditioning
- Water Services
- Lighting systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Power distribution and Building Management Systems
- Experience of working on cooling towers
- Proficient in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of MAXIMO is an advantage but not essential as training can be provided.
Other Factors relevant to the Job
- 2 x 40 minute lunch breaks (unpaid)
- 07:00 to 19:00 10 .4 hrs, Pattern:- 5on , 5off,4on ,5off,5on, 4off
To be discussed at interview.