Service Management Lead (SML)
Brief Details of Position
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations the role holder is responsible for managing the Service Management for IT Operations for Integral. A large component of the role includes managing the relationships with key vendors and partners delivering both Internal & External Operational Services to the business within agreed service level obligations and governance guidelines.
Working in collaboration with the IT Ops Technical Team Lead the role holder will assist with ensuring the Integral IT Operations team is aligned to an ITIL best practice framework including key processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Service Introduction manage the IT Operations Service Improvement plan.
The ideal candidate must have leadership, technical, relationship and process management skills with proven ability to deliver a process driven, agile, robust and customer focused IT service offering in a complex multi-vendor environment to a demanding business.
- Functioning as a direct report to the Head of IT Operations, the SML role will be pivotal in the restructuring and development of the Integral Service Management function.
- The SML will assist with the relationship between Integral IT Operations and all major Integral outsource partners.
- The SML will monitor, maintain and seek to continuously improve the service provided by the Integral outsource partners to Integral IT Operations .
- The SML will assist with the management of the relationship between Integral IT Operations and key Integral business stakeholders to ensure that Integral IT Operations is meeting business requirements.
- The SML will ensure that Integral IT Operations Support and Integral outsource partners adhere to ITIL industry standards such as Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- The SML will work with Integral IT Operations project management to ensure that new services introduced meet service acceptance standards.
- The SML will assist with reporting on the performance of all major Integral outsource partners to Integral IT Operations management.
- The SML will drive continual service improvement from services offered by Integral IT Operations to the Integral business
- The SML will continuously seek to drive cost reductions.
- The SML mitigate service risks where necessary.
- Vendor and Relationship Management
- Assist with all aspects of the Integral IT Service Delivery function.
- Ensure that key Integral outsource partners meet their contractual service level obligations and KPI’s as agreed with Integral IT Operations.
- Assist Integral IT Operations to meet their operational level obligations and KPI’s as agreed with the Integral business.
- Represent Integral IT Operations during periodic operational and service reviews with all major Integral outsource partners as per contractual governance.
- Conduct periodic service reviews with key Integral business stakeholders.
- Day to day management of outsourced suppliers including Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Introduction and Service improvement.
Process and Controls
- Direct and oversee that in-house Integral IT Operations processes meet business requirements and are aligned with ITIL industry standards.
- Define, implement and own ITIL processes such as Incident, Change Management and Problem Management.
- Define, implement and own the service acceptance criteria for all new services introduced.
- Define and produce periodic service reports based on metrics, KPI’s and SLA’s as per Integral IT Operations management requirements.
- Develop and maintain key metrics and performance indicators to measure service levels.
- Direct and oversee that the CMDB and Service Catalogue are continuously maintained.
- Assist Integral IT Operations adhere to Integral Risk and Audit requirements.
- Foster and facilitate staff communication and collaboration with various departments across the company.
Service Strategy and Improvement
- Assist with the Integral Service Delivery strategy to align with overall business strategies.
- Maintain service excellence to maximize service delivery within the support team.
- Assist with the Implementation of new projects, systems and services.
- Direct and oversee continual service improvement plan to develop and enhance existing processes and service performance.
- Direct and oversee customer satisfaction surveys and address areas of concern.
- Personable, team player able to quickly settle into the role.
- Quick thinker with a rounded attitude to solutioning. Not afraid to explore several simultaneous options before delivering a rational and well-argued recommendation.
- Excellent communicator and presenter who can deliver well-structured concise and accurate documents, reports and proposals.
- A strategic thinker, capable of thinking longer term without losing sight of pressing operational issues and demands.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ in a service delivery management role. (Essential)
- Good understanding of Service Desk, Deskside, Server, Telephony and network technologies. (Essential)
- Experienced at working in multi-vendor (internal and external) environments. (Essential)
- Experienced in assessing business benefits, costs and risks. (Essential)
- Experienced at implementing new and innovative processes. (Essential)
- A good understanding of service management tools. (Essential)
Abilities – Hard Skills
- Microsoft Office (Essential)
Abilities – Soft Skills
- Superior Written and oral communication skills. (Essential)
- Strong matrix management and team building skills. (Essential)
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. (Essential)
- Excellent technical operations and technical support documentation skills. (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and consultative skills. (Essential)
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations. (Essential)
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. (Essential)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. (Essential)
- Team player with experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. (Essential)
- Quality focused and highly flexible. (Essential)
- Thinks ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions. (Essential)
- ITIL Foundation qualified. (Essential)
- Preferably educated to degree level. (Desirable)
- ITIL Service Operations qualified. (Desirable)
- ITIL Expert qualified. (Desirable)
To be discussed at interview.