Technical Team Lead (TTL)
Brief Details of Position
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations the role holder is responsible for the IT Operations technical (3rd line) team that supports and administers the physical IT Infrastructure for Integral to enable the company to achieve its business objectives.
Working in collaboration with the IT Ops Service Management Team Lead the role holder will assist with ensuring the Integral IT Operations team is pivotal in the restructuring, development and ongoing improvement of the Integral IT systems.
Whilst not responsible for Business Application Management the role holder must understand the end to end lifecycle and associated processes for the key business applications and work closely with the Business Application Management team to resolve issues.
The ideal candidate must have leadership, technical, relationship and process management skills with proven ability to deliver solutions and implementations to the highest standards and ensure a smooth transition into Production/BAU following the agreed processes.
- Working closely with JLL EMEA-IT and Integral strategic outsource partner(s).
- Analyse, design, install, configure and maintain IT infrastructure and understand the
- impact on application components.
- Perform a wide variety of evaluation, installation, upgrades and training tasks to ensure the IT Operational performance meets company and user satisfaction.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure the Integral IT systems are robust, resilient and highly available in line with business expectations.
- In liaison with the Head of IT Operations
- Develop and implement an annual work plan for the IT Operations technical team.
- Have input into creating the team’s annual budget and ensure the team’s services are delivered within the agreed budget.
- To develop and implement new methods of working and operating to improve the effectiveness of the IT Operations technical team and the infrastructure they support.
- Maintain an infrastructure support function that will administer and support the Group’s:
- Server hardware
- WAN / LAN infrastructure
- Data storage
- Data centre(s) and Communications rooms
- Systems backup processes
- Telephony systems
- Ensure all infrastructure components are administered and maintained in accordance with the suppliers’ instructions and JLL standards.
- Identify to the Head of IT Operations any issues that are known in advance that could affect the service delivery to the business and identify steps that could be taken to resolve them or minimise the impact.
- Ensure effective change control is implemented for all installations, un-installations, updates and changes. Accessing and documenting any risks and impacts to the business.
- Liaise with the Business Application Support Team to resolve support calls.
- Ensure that the Group’s hardware and systems comply with relevant legislation and JLL policies.
- Respond to any emergency situations that arise to ensure that services are restored as quickly as possible.
- Personable, team player able to quickly settle into the role.
- Quick thinker with a rounded attitude to solutioning. Not afraid to explore several simultaneous options before delivering a rational and well-argued recommendation.
- Excellent communicator and presenter who can deliver well-structured concise and accurate documents, reports and proposals.
- A strategic thinker, capable of thinking longer term without losing sight of pressing operational issues and demands.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Managing staff in an IT environment (Essential)
- Previous management of 3rd line engineers (Essential)
- Supporting a large user base in a multi-site environment (Essential)
- Liaising with third party suppliers to resolve issues (Essential)
- Supporting multi-site VoIP telephony environment (Essential)
- Supporting a multi-site Network infrastructure (Essential)
- Managing Data centres and communications rooms (Essential)
- Overseeing the management of the Virtual and Physical infrastructure (Essential)
Abilities – Hard Skills
- Management and/or administrative knowledge of the following products:
- Microsoft Windows Server (Essential)
- VMWare and P2V Products (Essential)
- Cisco Switch/ Router (IOS configuration)
- Mitel PBX Switches (Essential)
- VoIP (Essential)
- Microsoft Exchange/O65 (Essential)
- Microsoft SQL (Desirable)
- McAfee AV Products (Essential)
- Fibre/ Fabric Networking (Desirable)
- Backup applications – Arcserve and Backup Exec (Desirable)
- SAN products – Synology (Desirable)
- Routing & Wireless Products (Desirable)
- UPS Products (Desirable)
- HP Server Products (Desirable)
Abilities – Soft Skills
- Superior Written and oral communication skills. (Essential)
- Strong matrix management and team building skills. (Essential)
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. (Essential)
- Excellent technical operations and technical support documentation skills. (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and consultative skills. (Essential)
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations. (Essential)
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. (Essential)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Team player with experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Quality focused and highly flexible. (Essential)
- Thinks ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions. (Essential)
- Technical qualification or equivalent experience in the following:
- Project management, preferably PRINCE2 foundation level or higher (Essential)
- VMWare certified Professional – VCP (Essential)
- Microsoft – MCITP (Essential)
- A Level or higher education including Maths and English or Computing/IS related subject (Essential)
- Cisco – CCNP (Desirable)
- Cisco – CCNA Security (Desirable)
To be discussed at interview.