Brief Details of Position
We are looking for an Operations Manager for a education PFI contract in the North West based from our Knowsley offices. This project is delivering Hard FM services only.
This is the senior role within the team and is a hands-on role which would suit an individual that can work using their own initiative and also work as a positive leader for other team members. Must be a conscientious and reliable team player along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Working with technical managers, technicians and administration, to ensure all SLAs and reporting requirements are met.
The role will include:
- Providing full management support to the contract team , admin and engineers
- Ensuring all contract deliverables and requirements are provided and met
- Take responsibility for all Profit and Loss on the contract
- Providing all reports and information as required by the agreements.
This is a complex agreement and the ability to read and understand contract terms and requirements is an essential skill.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Essential & Desirable skills:
The post does not have a pre requisite of qualification although a technical or professional qualification would potentially be desirable.
Practical experience in an FM Operations role is more important with the person undertaking the role being self-motivated with solid experience in FM Operations, particularly in Hard FM and preferably with education experience. A positive ‘can do’ attitude to FM, client and personnel issues is required.
- Competent working knowledge of HVAC building systems and fabric elements
- Competence in SLA reporting management
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills
- IT literate skills including Excel and Word to a proficient level
- Public Private Partnerships (PFI/PPP) experience in Health, Council services or Education
- Soft FM management
- Member of BIFM
- IOSH or NEBOSH
- Technical or professional (Electrical, Mechanical, RICS etc)
Personal Aptitude & Skills:
- Positive, outgoing, friendly, persuasive, committed.
- Ability to clearly communicate work tasks and win the commitment of others to achieving high levels of performance.
- Ability to understand the key financial variables
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage resources available to achieve high customer service standards.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients in order to speedily resolve day to day operational problems.
- Self-motivated and capable of working within a team environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive focus through periods of high and sustained work pressure
- Willing to personally deal with lower grade tasks to get things done
An Enhanced DBS will be undertaken by the applicant at Integral cost
To be discussed at interview.