Mobile Building Services Engineer
Brief Details of Position
A vacancy has arisen for a Mobile Building Services Engineer in the West Midlands between Birmingham and Coventry, working on health and education sites. Specific experience at a day-to-day operational level to suit the environment. Other than formally qualified, a person with the ability to deal with tasks and experience of dealing with various building services issues such as:
- Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive Maintenance Tasks
- Mechanical and Electrical works
- Minor plumbing works
- Minor buildings works
- And others as they arise as this list is not exhaustive
Main duties and responsibilities:
To implement the building services Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programme and Reactive Maintenance in accordance with the building operating manuals and in compliance with the contract service levels.
- To implement mechanical, electrical and fabric PPM in accordance with the O&M Manuals and PPM Instructions to their skill level
- To implement and co-ordinate the activities of specialist subcontractors into the PPM programme
- To carry out RM in response to Help Desk requirements in compliance with the contract service levels
- To report back to the Help Desk on completion of PPM and RM tasks using PDA’s
- Actively self-report and repair items found
- To support the FM in all aspects of delivering the FM services contract
- Other duties as may be required from time to time depending on the needs of the business
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Approved and Competent Electrician
- 17th Edition IEE
- Time served apprenticeship, City and Guilds, NVQ L3 or equivalent in electrical discipline
- IOSH Working Safely
- PASMA/MEWP operators qualification
- ACOP L8 Legionella awareness
- Man Safe
- Test and Inspect (G&G 2391/2394) desirable but not required
- Good knowledge of HVAC equipment / Plumbing / Building Fabric
- Evidence of high quality experience in Building Services
- Knowledge and use of Building Management Systems
Essential Personal Aptitudes and Skills:
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills.
- Have a flexible approach towards the working day.
- A flexible attitude.
- Ideally live in the West Midlands area as a call out system is operated.
- Previous experience of working within a team.
- Compliant to company’s smoking, alcohol & drug policy
- The successful applicant will also be required to undertake and obtain an Enhanced DBS check (at Integral's cost) during the first month of commencement of employment.
To be discussed at interview.