Electrical Maintenance Operative (manned site)
Brief Details of Position
A full time vacancy has arisen for a Electrical Maintenance Operative to join the team.
The purpose of this role is to operate within the maintenance team as an Electrical maintenance operative carrying out planned and reactive works.
Key objectives include:
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks.
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operation, effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated equipment.
- Complete a weekly timesheet and submit in accordance with Company procedures.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Supervisor as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials.
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans.
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the clients’ needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship.
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and opportunities to secure additional works.
- Operate Integral QA procedures and maintain clear and legible records as required.
- Be available to attend emergency and call outs and provide written incident reports as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage all subcontractors activity relating to works undertaken.
- Provide cover for Supervisor when required, ie holidays, sickness.
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
- Complete any other associated task requested by Management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Ability to read, interpret and understand wiring diagrams
- Experience of fault finding.
- Maintenance of circuits, distribution boards,
- Emergency lighting, 3 phase electrics including motors ect.
- A good knowledge of all building services.
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills.
- Minimum 2 years practical experience within the building industry
- NVQ Level 3 qualified Electrician.
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing.
- Installation work, testing and inspection.
- Experience of HVAC systems.
- Working knowledge of BMS systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of other skill sets (multi-skilled).
- Health and Safety experience.
- Sound knowledge of computers software, Microsoft Office
- Time served apprenticeship
To be discussed at interview.