Mobile GAS ENGINEER
Brief Details of Position
A vacancy has arisen for commercial gas and heating engineer. The primary role is to respond to callouts for the mobile sites across the contract portfolio. Callout rota is also a requirement, with strong paperwork skills as well as a strong ability for Customer Service. The Engineers responsibilities to include carry out Planned Maintenance, specifically gas servicing and reactive breakdowns.
The role will be primarily be to work on a reactive basis, but to include maintaining, servicing and repairing various types of commercial/Domestic heating systems. Due to the nature of the contract, some install work would be required so experience of installations would be an advantage. The ideal candidate will have worked within a similar environment previously.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Understanding and knowledge of basic electrical systems related to mechanical systems.
- NVQ Plumbing
- Candidates must have the following Commercial & Domestic Gas Qualifications; COCN1, ICPN1, ICAE1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, TPCP1, UHWS, CPA1, CCN1, CKR1, CENWAT.
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both commercial and domestic heating systems.
- Good all round knowledge of fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good commercial heating and DHW plumbing skills. (unvented hot water)
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements.
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- DBS check required
PERSONAL APTITUDES AND SKILLS
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Self motivated
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Clean driving licence
- Compliant to Company and site personnel policies
- The incumbent may be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the commercial and retail sectors.
To be discussed at interview.